C-04 Living and working in Spain or in Spanish work environments
- Type of training: online, in-person
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Addressed to: Professionals
- Course Code: C-04
Aimed mainly at expatriates or foreign professionals who work in Spanish work environments. Also useful for people in charge of managing or working with other international employees. The objective of the course is to help people from other countries adapt effectively to Spain and to learn about its society, its working styles and the lifestyle.
Register for the course
The following concepts will be addressed:
- Development of skills and techniques to work effectively in a new culture.
- Values and beliefs deeply rooted in Spanish culture that help explain different attitudes and behaviors in daily life and in professional settings.
- More or less competitive work environments, management of uncertainty, hierarchy, relationships, time, rules, risk or teamwork (professional relationships, dress codes, events, meetings, rules, coffee breaks, deadlines, networking, etc.).
- Customs, traditions and habits in Spanish society (food, schedules, celebrations and leisure, sports, friends and family, gender roles, education, etc.) and how these influence work environments.
- Differences in Spanish society and Spain within a European context.
- Cultural patterns and trends in Spain related to decision making, leadership and team management, negotiation and problem solving, etc.
- High or low context communication at work: differences in the way of speaking, sending messages, showing emotions or in terms of physical or visual contact or personal space.
- Identification and treatment of conflicts and cultural misunderstandings in a new culture or a multicultural environment.
- Understanding and overcoming culture shock through techniques that help cultural adaptation and avoid long-term cultural loneliness.